Friday, April 03, 2009

Quads and calves workout:

Another blasting quad workout. Made increases straight through the workout. The doubles with the squats continue on nicely, and hoping to hit 405 for a double with a body weight of 160 really soon. It would be cool to do 2.5 x the body weight.

Squat: 4 warms, 315/4 345/2 365/2 380/2 275/9
Leg ext: 2 warms, 85/10 90/9
Split squat w/db's: 1 warms, 45/8 55/10
Leg press: 1 warms, 350/13,15
Donkey calf: 6 tot sets

10 min cooldown.

Weigh in : 161

Summary for March and going into April.

Dropped 2.5 pounds but feeling much tighter than what the scale says.
Cardio time will be increased by 1 min and up to 18 mins. I am basically doing some type of light cardio everyday, and this is a new approach for me.
Off days are just a little bit longer at 25 min, but this may go away, as I will use my off days from weight training to do yard work and such. I did stop the HIIT cardio for the fact I dont need it now, and I want to have something in the bank for sticking points. I will continue with the higher volume 4 day split (for me it is) as I really dig this workout. I am about half way through, and my repeat it or bump to a 5 day split. Lastly, the diet has been the same with a slight increases in carbs on quad and back days, and lower on my off days from weights. Nothing fancy, but I am still enjoying the occasional cheat here and there.
Other than that, cool with the start of the prep!

No comments: